Monday, May 2, 2011

Do not read yet.

My mother roused me awake from my peaceful slumber. Those nights spent in my mother's warm embrace, are something that I truly miss. Whispers of "Time for school" would tickle my ears. And the prospects of the new day would fill my heart with optimism. I would crawl over my father's stomach, stepping accidentally on his mountain stomach forcing his snores into gasps of surprise. My fire cracker personality would burst open the curtains, and awaken the household. My sole purpose in life would surface into my brain and it the unpleasant raking of my unruly hair easier.

My animal backpack would fill with my stuffed toys, that I would proudly show off at show and tell. Hopefully today I would learn what the black and white horses on bag where called. The anticipation of knowledge thrilled me. I sprinted to the car and clawed at the door until my mother would lift me up into the seat. My would fuss around with with the knobs, and the speakers would gargle until she made it 94.5.
Listening to the soulful women belt out loud and powerful songs entertained until the crosswalk came into sight.

Waving to the lady cop, and jumping out of the car, I bolted across to the pavement to the grassy center of the school's front. Placing my backpack neatly at the doors, my mind made a click, and I scanned the roving packs of children. "Now it was time", I thought to myself, it was time to find my prey. Stalking throughout the crowd in my pink pants. There he was, the boy whom I loved so much. My little romance, he was so adorable. I pictured our marriage, and my heart leapt. "Now I must make him mine" the voice in my head screamed. Our game of back and forth went on since the day I met him. Knowing me, knowing me intentions, he bolted at the sight of me. And my school day had begun. He darted away from me, and I gave him a head start before I sprinted toward him. Fortunately form myself, my legs could carry me farther than his. The cold morning air would painfully burn my lungs, as I sprinted after him. With in seconds he would be wrapped in my arms, and he would tumble onto the grassy ground with my hands clutching in back. My pale mouse shivered out of fear, and he squeaked out of embarrassment as my harassing lips made contact with his cheeks.
And for the rest of our early morning play time, he would be my one and only.  But my ambition and love would override my nervous system and simply propel me forward.

The boy and I parted, slowly in grade school as I became self aware of my behavior. And I don't believe he ever recounts our early love affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment